The wallpaper vs. wall mural debate can be a confusing one for those who aren’t fully aware of the difference between wallpaper and wall murals. The terms wallpaper and wall murals are sometimes used synonymously. – but these terms actually refer to completely different types of decorating materials.
The wallpaper vs. wall mural debate begins with the way each is installed. Wall murals are large, pre-printed wallpaper images – usually printed on a single or multiple rolls of wallpaper – which can be easily mounted onto a wall horizontally or vertically. They require no wallpaper paste and only a little wallpaper roller action to apply them to a smooth surface.
They tend to be rather inexpensive, ranging from $10 for a small wallpaper mural up to hundreds or thousands of dollars for large wallpaper murals. And wallpaper for walls is easy to remove – simply peel them off the wall when you’re ready for your walls to look different.
Designer Wallpaper & Wall Murals for Walls
Designer wallpaper, on the other hand, is a type of decorative paper that’s been printed with patterns or pictures. You can apply it to your walls in two ways: pre-pasted and paste-the-wall.
- Peel and Stick Wallpaper have a widely used application nowadays because it’s very easy to hang by anyone on a wall.
- Pre-pasted designer wallpaper usually involves you purchasing a roll of designer wallpaper that has already been soaked in a wallpaper paste solution.
- Paste-the-wall designer wallpaper usually involves purchasing a paste that you apply to your walls with a paint roller or paintbrush before applying the wallpaper to the wall (this type of wallpaper is sometimes called ‘paste-up’ wallpaper).
This type of paper can be fairly costly, especially if you want to use it in multiple rooms of your home. But its sturdiness makes it a favorite among wallpaper users who want long-lasting, colorfully decorated walls.
If you’re interested in wallpaper murals vs. designer wallpaper, you’ll find that each product has its pros and cons – but the ultimate decision depends on how much time, effort, patience, expense, and wall
“Wallpaper Means Seamless Repeat Pattern”
Wallpaper, on the other hand, is an altogether different wallpaper than wallpaper murals. Wallpaper has been crafted to be applied onto wallpaper paste over wallpaper that’s designed to attach itself to a wall. The wallpaper comes in rolls that are usually two feet wide and contain multiple patterns for you to choose from.
You can separate each wallpaper pattern with precision wallpaper scissors, which are designed to cut wallpaper into patterns.
Once wallpaper patterns have been cut, wallpaper paste must be applied before the wallpaper is attached to a wall. You can usually find wallpaper paste at your local wallpaper store (Note: Giffywalls provide glue in every wallpaper Order).
“Wall Mural Means large Image Printed on Multiple Panels”
A mural is a large image that’s printed over multiple mural panels.
Wall mural is also available in 2 types.
-One which you can apply to a wall mural with a brush or roller.
-The second mural paper comes pre-pasted so it doesn’t require any extra paste to put up.
Wall murals are best for creating an eye-catching focal point in your room. Many mural companies will even help you plan out your mural beforehand, so they can provide mural patterns that match your color scheme.
Wall mural paint is also great for covering up and hiding stains and blemishes that may show on your wall. Wall mural paints come in a wide variety of colors, so mural paints can cover a variety of stains and blemishes that might be noticeable on your walls.
Custom Fit to your wall size
– Wallpaper is cut to fit the wall it’s being applied onto, so every time you want to put up wallpaper on your walls, you will need to measure your wall size beforehand.
– Wall murals are pre-printed on huge sheets of paper so they can be easily attached to any smooth surface. There isn’t much measuring involved with putting up a mural since they are applied by being hung on the wall.
– Wallpapers are ideal for placing over smooth walls. That’s why wallpaper is often used in professional office spaces and nice homes. There are several different types of wallpapers available, so you can find one that’s ideal for fitting virtually any color scheme or style.
Conclusion: The Newest Trend in Home Design – Custom Made Murals
The wallpaper vs. wall mural debate has been around at least since the 1800s, and it’s still going strong today. As more people try to decide on how they’d like to decorate their homes. Wall murals are quite popular at the moment, but wallpaper is still a fave in many people’s eyes. It all comes down to personal preference when choosing between wall murals and wallpaper for your home.